To keep the lights on, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. Rankings remain impartial. Our review process.
Are you interested in exploring all the flavors of fine liquors? Many online clubs carry premium blends of whiskey, scotch, bourbon, rum and much more that they deliver right to your door. One popular option, Flaviar, says it’s the world’s largest club of spirits enthusiasts.
What does a membership with Flaviar get you? We tell you about all their liquor offerings, perks, pricing and more so you can make an informed decision about whether it’s worth joining this exclusive club or not.
- A home bar where you can track your liquor collection, leave reviews, and get recommendations for “flavor matches” (libations you might enjoy based on your collection).
- Ability to choose your tasting kit from a large selection of liquors, which include descriptions and customer reviews
- Carefully curated selection of small batch and craft Scotch, Bourbon, Rye, Gin, Tequila, Rum, Vodka, etc.
- Memberships includes a free bottle every quarter ($45 value)
- Exclusive releases and private bottlings created exclusively for members
- Live events, private tastings, and distillery tours with their network of distillers, bars and brands
- Easy-to-use website with how-to guides and informative articles
- Fun, creative packaging
- Refer-a-friend program
Variety Of Spirits - 90%
Quality - 95%
Membership Perks - 95%
Pricing - 85%
Customer Support - 80%
- You get a free tasting box every quarter (three two ounce pours of liquors you select)
- Free bottle every quarter with membership (approximately at $45 value)
- Can purchase individual full-sized bottles via website
- Excellent online member community
- Get personalized recommendations based on your flavor preferences
- Can cancel or pause anytime
- Free shipping for club members (and once per month)
- Great selection of small batch, craft liquors hard to find elsewhere
- No prepay discounts
- Some customers complain that individual bottle orders take a long time for delivery
- No return policy (unless your package is damaged)
- Bottle availability and price varies based on your location Customer support is email only
- Some bottle pricing is overblown
Where Can Flaviar Ship To?
At the time of writing (this changes frequently as laws change) Flaviar delivered to all European Union (EU) countries, UK and the United States, with the exception of the following states: AK, AL, AR, DE, HI, IA, ID, MA, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV and WY. They also do not deliver to Canada, Guam, or Puerto Rico.
With free quarterly bottle (used to be a $45 credit), the value of Flaviar is hard to beat. I almost always enter the private bottling lotteries — those tend to be very high-quality bottles at affordable prices (think Deer, Bear & Moose (a 23-year-old fantastic scotch)), custom 14-year bottling of Dalmore, Whistlepig 12-year, Son of a Peat, etc.).
While the Vault has some really rare stuff, the prices are usually overblown and available for less elsewhere, although I always browse it because every now and then I’ll discover a rare and affordable gem.Alex S., Exploring Life’s Mysteries
Our research into any product or service always involves scouring the web for reviews from real customers. Here’s a sampling of what we found online about Flaviar.
Flaviar is a great membership! The site is easy to use, and the choices are superb! I don’t have anything bad to say about it – customer service is spot-on, orders are shipped swiftly, and I really like all the choices of spirits. The flavor spiral is really nice to use before buying a new spirit – you really know what you are getting!Sarah G., Trustpilot 4/30/2020
Ever buy an expensive bottle because you had heard it was great? Then you buy the bottle, go home and take a sip and it’s like vile urine in your mouth? Flaviar helps to avoid that experience with the Tasting Boxes! You find the spirits that are to your liking without the expense! I strongly recommend that you try Flaviar!– Hobo J., Trustpilot 4/30/2020
If you want to get really frustrated, try this club. The website is really bad. Hard to read the nav bars. Checkout is complicated if you are trying to use what they call credits. (prepaid membership benefits). Tasting packs you want are always out of stock. Prices are on par with Total Wine, with better availability. The benefit of the site is good reviews. Unfortunately, the negatives outweigh the positives.DonInSC, Trustpilot 4/2/2020
I am close to two months now waiting for three distinct orders. They’ve taken my money but not delivered any of my three orders. They state they will respond to customer needs within 24 hours but they have not returned repeated requests for updates. This company appears to be a SCAM or going out of business. I have no idea why any reputable business would treat customers this way. I’m not asking for a refund; I just want the product I’ve ordered. Completely unacceptable performance.Andrew P., BBB 11/5/2019
Here’s one of the dozens of fun and informative videos that Flaviar produces to help you enjoy your tasting experiences.
Here’s the top questions we receive from our readers about Flaviar.
Can I Give Flaviar As A Gift?
Yes, a Flaviar membership makes a great gift, and the site promotes them heavily, sometimes with discounts. Some good times to purchase a gift and look for a potential promo on a Flaviar membership are:
Not only does a Flaviar membership make a good Christmas present, they also offer their annual limited release advent calendars this time of year (basically a giant box with 12 or 24 two ounce pours of whiskeys from around the globe – fun to share with friends and a great way to experience a dram you never thought you’d try).
Father’s Day Or Mother’s Day
Father’s Day is celebrated on the 3rd Sunday in June, and is one of Flaviar’s busiest days. A gift membership will let your dad or grand dad select their own tasting kits based on their taste preferences.
And of course, who’s to say mom wouldn’t enjoy a snifter of a craft bourbon after a hard day? Mother’s day is celebrated on different days around the world, falling on the second Sunday in May in the United States.
With all the membership perks you get with Flaviar on top of their high-quality tasting kits and full bottles, we say go for it — especially if your goal is to explore all the nuances of fine liquors. Their extensive tasting notes and flavor profiles, personalized recommendations, online events, holiday whiskey calendars, and much more make them one of the best clubs to join. These guys know their stuff.
If you want to see how Flaviar stacks up to other whiskey clubs, be sure to read our reviews of the best whiskey of the month clubs. We include features, pros, cons, pricing and more for the top services that deliver a variety of liquors to your door. And if you’re a beer or wine enthusiast, you may also want to check out our reviews of monthly wine clubs or beer of the month clubs.Tagged With: Monthly Clubs, Whiskey