To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Are you a clothing snob but don’t have time to shop for yourself?
Nordstrom-owned Trunk Club could be just the ticket. With Trunk Club, you can have a personal stylist choose your looks from the comfort of your own home and have them delivered to your door.
Our Trunk Club reviews will give you all the info you need about this high-end apparel delivery service. We chose Trunk Club for Men as the best men’s clothing box option in our comprehensive clothing box reviews, but they also offer stylish women’s clothing boxes.
- Extremely flexible delivery and reasonable styling fee per shipment
- No membership fees and can cancel anytime
- Free shipping and returns
- Many positive customer reviews about excellent stylists
- No discount if you keep all items
- Several customer complaints that items are way overpriced
How Does Trunk Club Work?
A huge plus of Trunk Club is that you choose whenever you want to order a new trunk. Or you can set up regular shipments with your stylist if you prefer. Some other companies’ subscription boxes tie you down to regular shipments. Here’s how it works:
- Fill out a style questionnaire that asks you about your fit, style, item preferences and budget.
- Talk to your personal stylist by phone or via their live messenger app, so she makes sure she’s picking out the best items for you.
- They send you a digital preview, including items and prices. You have 48 hours to approve or change items in your digital trunk.
- You’ll receive your trunk in four to six business days, which will contain four to six items.
- You get five days to decide what items you’re keeping or returning.
- Women’s sizes include petite through plus sizes, maternity wear, shoes range from 4-13.
- Men’s sizes: casual shirts and sweaters range from S–XXL; dress shirts range from 14.5 neck and 32/33 sleeve to 17 neck and 36/37 sleeve; pants and denim range from 30–40 waist and up to 34 inseam; shoes range from size 8.5–13.
- Free alterations for pants at any Nordstrom location.
Trunk Club Price
The only Trunk Club cost you’ll incur is a $25 stylist fee per shipment, applied as a credit if you keep anything from your purchase (fee waived for Nordstrom cardholders). There are no membership fees.
They offer free shipping and returns. Trunk Club offers high-end merchandise, so expect your apparel to be an investment.
Men’s Wear Price Ranges
- Wardrobe staples like tees, denim, and button-ups: range from $25-$300
- Sportcoats, dress shoes, and other workwear essentials: start at around $200
- View all options
Women’s Wear Price Ranges
- Denim, sweaters, blouses, and sneakers: range from $40-$300
- Outerwear, boots, and other seasonal essentials: start at about $90
- View all options
Trunk Club Coupon
Trunk Club often has time-sensitive coupons on their website!
Is Trunk Club Worth It?
We turned to online customer reviews to help answer this question and found a mixed bag of feedback. Many advise to be prepared to spend a lot but you won’t be disappointed by the stylist services and items you receive.
Others complain about stylists not paying attention to your preferences and insanely high apparel prices. Here’s a sample of what we found.
Positive Trunk Club Reviews
Service is always spot on. They are friendly, inquisitive and not at all pushy. They have helped me explore different fashion choices and hone my personal style. Clothes are a bit more pricey than I would like but I know now what to look for when I shop. Some f my core pieces have Ben from the recommendations of my stylist. No monthly fees and I can skip a shipment whenever I need. Try it on and only keep what you want. Cheryl R. Yelp 5/29/2017
I actually found out about this from a female friend who did [Stitch Fix] and this is similar but for men. You take a survey so they get to know you. And then a stylist chooses articles of clothing they will ship to you and you actually get to preview it online before they ship – that part is genius to me. What a time saver… I am dressing better and learning to shop better on my own. Some things can be a little pricey, otherwise I would give this 5 stars. Gabe L., SiteJabber 10/15/2015
Negative Trunk Club Reviews
I ended up (stupidly) trying trunk club again and each time was worse than the time before. I changed stylists a few times and every one of them stunk. Literally didnt read a darn thing i asked for and send stuff that specifically said i didnt want! Can someone please teach these “stylists” how to READ? Customer service is non existent and no one will refund you even when the stylist sends you the wrong items. Trunk Club feels like a scam… just go on nordstrom’s site yourself and pick stuff. WAY less of a headache and WAY less time consuming. L.V., Yelp 9/13/2017
This is a complete waste of time. It takes anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks from them to even ship a box and if they have any kind of issue they will turn your box around and ship it back to their offices. I have never in my life seen such an unprofessional service. – Samantha, BBB 6/2/2017
You’ve Got the Look
Check out one Trunk Club customer’s fun unboxing video with some great looks.
What About Trunk Club Competitors?
There are a lot of companies out there similar to Trunk Club, including StitchFix, Wantable, Gwyynie Bee, and more. If you’re interested in learning more about a Trunk Club alternative, be sure to read our article comparing the best monthly clothing subscriptions. You can find everything from business attire to casual everyday wear to athletic clothing subscriptions.
How do you feel about high-end clothes as an investment?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.