How do we keep this site running? This post may contain affiliate links — the cost is the same to you, but we get a referral fee. Compensation does not affect rankings. Thanks!
Do you daydream about taking a trip abroad but dread the planning process? Traveling abroad can be overwhelming, and for those of you who aren’t big on planning, G Adventures may be your best option. You can choose your destination and how long you want to be gone and G Adventures does the rest. G Adventures is our top pick for best adventure travel. We’ll explain why we think G Adventures is great by laying out the key features, pros, cons, sample trip pricing and more.
- Nine types of trips to choose from: Classic, National Geographic, Active, Yolo, Cruising, Family, Local Living, Rail and Private Groups
- G Adventures Watering Hole is an online forum and place to meet other travelers, compare information, exchange tips, ask questions and learn more
- Accommodations and a portion of your meals are included
- Smaller group sizes compared to other travel companies
- Focus on sustainable travel via a partnership with Planeterra Foundation, local investments, animal welfare and disaster relief
- Everything is coordinated for you
- G Adventures app gives you information on your trip including maps, packing list, itineraries and more
Below are some sample trips to give you an idea of pricing for G Adventures.
- G Adventures Africa: 12 days, Cape Town to Victoria Falls, starting at $3,399
- G Adventures Antarctica: 13 days, Antarctica and Argentina, starting at $7,499
- G Adventures Galapagos: 10 days, Galapagos and Ecuador, starting at $5,499
- G Adventures Machu Picchu: 12 days, Amazon, Inca Trail, Machu Picchu and Peru, starting at $2,749
- G Adventures Patagonia: 15 days, Argentina, Chile and Patagonia, starting at $3,999
G Adventures often has time sensitive coupons, visit our dedicated G Adventures coupon page to discuss current offers.
Is G Adventures Great?
We’ve gathered a G Adventures tours review from a couple of online sources to help you see what travelers love and hate about G Adventures trips.
IDK how gadventures has such a low rating! I just booked my 3rd trip with them. I went on safari in Africa and hiked the Inca Trail. In April 2017 I am going to Morocco. No they are not always the cheapest tours, but they are amazing. The guides are friendly and helpful. The activities are fun. The entire trip is either very low impact or actually beneficial to the local people/environment. Even their phone service people are amazing and efficient! I have only great things to say. Besides gadventures, I have also taken 3 trips with another group. That toru company is also great and fun, but their trips are booze cruises. You don’t see and experience nearly as much as you would like. And the people can be clickish. I haven’t had that problem with gadventures. – Katie G., Yelp! 12/29/2016
I went solo on the Costa Rica on a Shoestring tour and had a fantastic time. Our guide Annika was awesome – fun, very knowledgeable about the culture and history of Costa Rica, and made sure that we were all safe and having a great time. I had a small incident involving a third party excursion group, and Annika/G adventures went completely out of their way to make sure it was handled properly. I was so impressed by way that the company handled everything by going above and beyond what they were obligated to do. I will 100% be traveling with them again, and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a tour group! – Christina P., TripAdvisor 8/23/2016
Video: Benefits of Traveling with G Adventures
Don’t do YOLO. Just don’t go with G adventures. Over priced. You’ll plan it better and meet people on the way. That is the best adventure and you’ll save money. Believe me. – Ay L., Yelp! 5/4/2016
Went on a G Adventures North America holiday in mid September 2016 . It was TERRIBLE . The leader was not interested in the group at all , after four days she could not match names and faces , she was late every morning , once keeping us standing waiting for half an hour . On all the drives and some were very long she gave no commentary or details about where we were , the countryside , the towns , the people , the industry , nothing . Upon starting the engine she switched the radio on and it stayed on all journey . Our planned orientation walks were a shambles , two were five minutes of her talking from the front seat , Washington was done in the dark because she wanted the following day to rest . Do not go on a G adventures holiday , you may be very disappointed if this is their standard of leader , our holiday was ruined. – louise1gloucester, TripAdvisor 10/2/2016
Cruises for G Adventures?
G Adventures recently acquired Swan Hellenic, which is a U.K.-based boutique cruise line. So, if you’re a cruise lover you may want to check out G Adventures, but not until 2018 (that’s when they plan to relaunch cruises). From the sounds of it, G Adventures hopes to revive the British cruise line and keep the same characteristics it had before the acquisition. The tours consisted of historical or cultural themes and were aimed at the upper echelon of cruise travelers.
Where do you want to go with G Adventures?