To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn???t affect rankings. Our review process.
Have you been looking for a match in all the wrong places? Surely, you’ve heard of Match.com by now, even if you’re not in the market for a mate. This online dating site has been a powerhouse since its inception back in 1995 — and today it remains unmatched in the size of its dating pool and unique features.
If you’re considering joining this wildly popular, most trusted and diverse dating site, be sure to read our Match.com reviews to see what they have to offer, their pros and cons, Match.com prices and much more.
- Key Features, Pros & Cons
- How Do Members Rate Match.com?
- Need Some Dating Advice? (Video)
- Final Verdict
- Match.com Guarantee — if you don’t find someone special within six months you get another six months free
- Larger dating pool than other sites
- Show or hide your profile with one easy click
- Excellent search and match functions
- You can read your messages in your personal email account
- Match.com app for iOS and Android
- Good body of tips, dating columns, newsletters with a focus on safe dating
- Friends on Match.com can suggest matches for you
- Customer support via live chat, phone and email
- Creating your profile is a bit time-consuming
- Subscriptions automatically renew unless you cancel
- Pricing can be a bit confusing
- Some consumer complaints about poor customer service
- More than 24.5 million active members in 50 countries, 15 languages offered and over two decades of experience
- Extensive personality test to help you find better matches
- ProfilePro helps create your profile
- Include testimonials from family, friends, even exes in your profile
- Conduct your own search or have Match.com search for you
- Private Mode allows you to search and view profiles privately and make your profile visible only to the people you choose (additional fee)
- Set “deal breakers” to help narrow your search
- Organize all your communications with My Connections feature
- International dating with more than a dozen languages available
- “Match.com Events” section lists member events in select cities
The Match.com free trial is for 7 days. While you can do a Match.com free search, you have limited access to most of their features without a paid plan (including communication with members).
- $38.99 for 1 month
- $21.99/month; 3-month subscription
- $18.99/month; 6-month subscription
- $17.99/month; 12-month subscription
Bundle Plans include Email Read Notification, First Impressions, and Highlighted Profile features.
- $24.99/month; 3-month subscription
- $21.99/month; 6-month subscription
- $18.99/month; 12-month subscription
What thorough would a review be without real customer feedback? See below for a balanced sampling of online customer reviews we’ve found about real-world experiences with Match.com.
I joined match in 2016 and have used it on and off since then with some success. I signed up to wejustfit.com last month and it’s also very good the first time ive found a site that compares well with match. I’d recommend match for sure, it’s served me well, but id recommend using both as this seems to be the way forward to increase your chances at setting up lots of real dates. – Dave L., Sitejabber 1/12/2018
Talked to some okay ladies, but only one has stood out from the rest. Since the 4th of Feb 2018 the first day we met we are still seeing each other today! We’ve moved quite well together and now in the process of meeting each others families. We are also planning a holiday away together at the end of May! I’d say there’s a chance of meeting someone that is perfect for you on the site, give it time and it will happen. – Jamie E., Trustpilot 4/3/2018
Years ago when the site was new, it was a decent place to meet real people. I live in a metropolitan area where a lot of people used the site. A couple of years ago, I joined again and found the experience to be very different. Fake profiles seemed to be the overwhelming find, and I learned I couldn’t trust being contacted. I thought at the time that Match doesn’t even bother to monitor for fake people. – Jan W., Sitejabber 4/8/2018
I paid for a 6 Month plan and on the plan it said if you don’t find a relationship in the 6 Months, Match will “guarantee” another 6 Months. That’s False!!! My plan was up and I emailed Match asking for another 6 Months free on them and they said I didn’t meet there requirements… I guess if you have some blue marks checked off on your Match you will not get another 6 Months on Match… What a joke! – Ryan Z., Trustpilot 3/12/2018
Check out the video below to learn some dating tips from Match.com’s relationship expert.
Match.com offers the most sophisticated profile matching, search tools, communication tools and other features available. Match.com also takes your privacy seriously, giving you a lot of options on how you want others to view and communicate with you.
We highly recommend Match.com. In fact, the founders of this website (ExploringLifesMysteries.com) met in 2002 on match.com and are happily married since 2008!
Looking for Match.com alternatives? Be sure to read our best dating sites article, which compares six of the most popular online matchmaking sites.
What’s the most interesting experience you’ve had with online dating?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.