To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Do you feel like the cigars you choose are very hit or miss? Cigars vary widely in quality, tobacco blends, aroma, etc., making it hard to know what to look for. If you’d rather leave it to experts to choose your cigars, you may want to consider joining a cigar delivery club.
A popular and well-established company is The Cigar of the Month Club. It has two memberships to choose from: its original premium club and rare cigar club.
Is this club worth the money? And what does it deliver? We’ll give you the lowdown to help you decide.
- Rating, Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- Personal Experience
- How To Know If A Cigar Is Good Quality (Video)
- Our Final Verdict
Cigar of the Month Club
- Competitive pricing
- Huge variety of subscription options
- Features award-winning, high-quality cigars
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Fun newsletter about each cigar’s origin, tobacco blend, manufacturer, tasting notes, etc. in each shipment
- Cigars shipped in portable humidification device
- No contract; cancel anytime
- Excellent customer service with live chat
- Charges $5 shipping fee
- Panel of nine professional tobacconists, who smoke and rate more than 200 cigars each month
- Cigars are chosen for outstanding blends, proper aging, appearance, even burn, and effortless draw
- Original Club includes selections from limited production, boutique manufacturers, like Alec Bradley and Carlos Toraño, to super-premium brands, like Graycliff, AVO, and Cohiba, at deep discounts
- Rare Club includes extremely limited production cigars from the world’s most respected, top producers and regions in Nicaragua, Honduras, and the Dominican Republic
- Members can reorder favorite cigars at significant discounts
- Monthly newsletters include detailed cigar profiles and tasting notes, cigar manufacturer backstories, and suggested alcohol pairings
They have two types of clubs you can join: original or rare. You can choose from two to 12 months or an open-ended monthly account, which you can call and cancel anytime. Design your own “club” by selecting monthly, every other month or quarterly deliveries, or even choose specific months.
- The Original Premium Cigar Club: $27.95 per shipment (five cigars)
- The Rare Cigar Club: $43.95 per shipment (five cigars)
- $5.00 shipping with each delivery
One of our team members was able to sample this cigar club and received two free sample packs to trial in exchange for an honest review. He received shipments from both the Premium and Rare Cigar memberships.
The shipment was speedy, and each sample box arrived in a carefully packaged and sealed container containing a small portable version of this 69% Boveda humidification pack. A tasting guide was included that described each cigar’s history and tasting profile, which was fun to read while enjoying the smoke. Not to mention, the rare selection contained some epic, hard to find cigars. – Alex, Exploring Life’s Mysteries
This brief video gives you some excellent tips on how to gauge the quality of cigars.
We’re big fans of both of this company’s cigar clubs. Their pricing is hard to beat for the high quality of cigars you get with each shipment. And they ship them in a humidifier to preserve the quality — not all monthly cigar clubs do this, and it makes a huge difference. The Original Premium Club is an excellent choice for beginners or those of you on a budget. And the Rare Club is perfect for cigar aficionados. They also make wonderful gift options.
If you want to see how this company compares to other clubs, be sure to read our best cigar subscription comparison. And if you’re going to stock up on quality cigars, you should consider getting a humidor to store them properly. We have reviews of the best humidors as well that rate humidors by type and budget.
What’s your favorite cigar brand?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.