To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Shopping around for travel insurance for your next big trip? TravelSafe Insurance is one of the big-name companies in the industry, but just what do you get with TravelSafe? Will this provider give you the reliable coverage you need, or are their policies a potential pitfall?
- Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- Policy Benefit Limits
- Why Do I Need Travel Insurance? (Video)
- Our Final Verdict On TravelSafe
TravelSafe Insurance Review
- Full trip cancellation and interruption coverage
- Good flexibility with a variety of add-ons
- Good medical expenses coverage at $100,000 per person for highest plan
- Can file and check claim through website
- Missed connection coverage
- AD&D flight-only coverage is an added fee, but you get $25,000 per person 24-hour AD&D coverage
- No itinerary change coverage
- In business since 1971
- Offers 3 comprehensive travel insurance plans
- Among the best lost luggage and missed connection benefits in the industry
- Optional extended personal property coverage for electronics and sports equipment
- 24-hour concierge and travel assistance services
- 24-hour emergency medical hotline
- Excellent website resources
- Long-term medical travel insurance available: up to 364 days of coverage and renew up to three years
- Group travel insurance for 10 or more
Here’s a comparison of TravelSafe’s major benefit limits per plan. You can upgrade their Classic Plan to include cancel for any reason coverage; otherwise, the Classic and Classic Plus plans are the same. Note: You must purchase cancel for any reason benefits within 21 days of making your initial trip deposit.
The following benefit limits are per person. View all benefits here.
Refer to our terminology section to get definitions and more details on benefits.
|Trip Cancellation||Trip Cost||Trip Cost|
|Trip Interruption||Trip Cost||150% of Trip Cost|
|Total Trip/Travel Delay||$500||$750|
|Travel Delay Per Day||$100||$150|
|Minimum Delay Time||6 Hours||6 Hours|
|Emergency Accident & Sickness Medical Expenses (Primary)||$35,000||$100,000|
|Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Waiver||Not Included||Available*|
|Emergency Medical Evacuation & Return of Remains||$100,000||$1 Million|
|Non-Medical Emergency Evacuation||Not Included||$25,000|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||Not Included||$25,000|
|Minimum Delay Time||12 Hours||12 Hours|
* To qualify for a pre-existing medical condition waiver, you must purchase your plan within 21 days of making your initial trip deposit.
Pricing varies widely depending on where you’re traveling, the age of travelers, your state of residence and other factors.
Sample pricing below is based on an insurance policy for two adults, ages 40 and 45, who reside in Virginia, are traveling to Greece for one week, and paying a total of $8,000 for the vacation cost. Pricing is the cost for both travelers (not per person).
- $322 Basic Plan
- $420 Classic Plan
- $610 Classic Plus Plan (includes cancel for any reason coverage)
- View all policies
Not sure that you even need travel insurance? Check out the brief video below to see some typical examples when having travel insurance can pay off.
We highly recommend TravelSafe Insurance for their comprehensive coverage rates, long-standing reputation and excellent customer support and travel services. Their Classic Plus plan, in particular, is a great value. It includes cancel for any reason coverage at a very competitive policy price.
If you want to compare TravelSafe to other travel insurance companies, be sure to read our Best Travel Insurance Reviews, where we give you pros and cons, key features, a handy comparison table and much more for 10+ of the top providers.
What great adventure are you looking to insure and why?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.